Treefort Music Fest rocked Boise in 2016
Updated: Sept. 9, 2016
It’s still half a year away, but Treefort Music Fest is ready to rock.
The indie-band bash put five-day wristbands on sale earlier than ever — at 10 a.m. (MST) Friday, Sept. 9, at treefortmusicfest.com — and fans looking to save a few bucks snapped them up immediately.
The Early Bird tickets — limited to 200 — cost only $50, a huge savings over the $145-$165 regular price. All the tickets were listed as "unavailable" within seconds, although it took about 10 minutes for everyone to clear processing, according to Treefort founder Eric Gilbert.
If you missed out, you can still grab a $129 Locals Pass for two days only, Sept. 9 and 10, at the Record Exchange, 1105 W. Idaho St.
Treefort, which will be held March 22-26, 2017, in Downtown Boise, is now accepting submissions for music, film, performance art and other festival aspects. Details are available at the updated and improved website.
Established as a showcase for emerging acts, Treefort has grown into a popular destination both for touring musicians and for local bands. In a Seattle Times article, Treefort was cited as a model for Upstream, a summit and festival funded by billionaire Paul Allen that will make its debut in and around Seattle’s Pioneer Square next May.
It’s easy to see why. Heading into its sixth year, Treefort is bigger than ever. Organizers recently released festival statistics from 2016, including 16,000 total attendees, 745 volunteers, 452 bands and 1,660 musicians — not to mention 80 kegs blown. Twenty percent of Treefort fans came from outside the state, and from as far away as Lithuania.
Wristbands for Treefort 2017 are available at treefortmusicfest.com/tickets. The earlier you buy, the more you save:
▪ $50 Early Bird Pass (sold out): Available online only and typically sell out within 1 to 2 minutes.
▪ $145 Discovery Pass: Only available until first artist announcement.
▪ $129 Locals Pass: Available at the Record Exchange, 1105 W. Idaho St., from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sept. 9 and 10. These passes are available for two days only.
▪ $165 Treefort Pass Only option available after first artist announcement.
▪ $89 U21 Pass: Available to fans under 21. Must be under 21 before March 22, 2017. ID is required upon purchase. Price will rise to $99 on March 1, 2017. Limited quantity.
▪ $185 Bed Head Pass: Only option available after March 1, 2017 and during festival week.
▪ $299 Zipline Pass: Allows access to the front of any line at every Treefort venue. Limited quantity.
▪ $999 Secret Handshake Pass: Includes special access to backstage areas, entry into every Treefort show and Duck Club Season Pass. Only five available.