Story times: The Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Garden City, Kuna, Ada, Caldwell and Nampa public libraries offer story programs for children of all ages. Go to their websites and click on the calendar to check out the offerings.
Library closures: All libraries are closed Monday, May 30, in observance of Memorial Day.
BLiP Reading Series: 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 31, Rediscovered Books, 180 8th St., Boise. Homegrown Theatre presents BLiP: Plays in a BLiP of time. BLiP is a monthly reading series that features work by local playwrights. Free; donations suggested to help support HomeGrown Theatre.
Summer reading kickoff parties: A number of events put on by Treasure Valley libraries take place this week:
▪ Caldwell Public Library: 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesday, June 1, Serenity Park (next to the library, 1010 Dearborn St.). Games and relay races in the park. Athletes from The College of Idaho will participate.
▪ Boise Public Library, Collister branch: 3-5 p.m.. Wednesday, June 1, 4724 W. State St. Sign up for summer reading, explore new technologies, play fun games, get your face painted and more.
▪ Boise Public Library, main branch: 4-5:30 p.m. Thursday, June 2, 715 S. Capitol Blvd.
▪ Boise Public Library, Hillcrest branch, 1-3 p.m. Friday, June 3, 5246 W. Overland Road.
▪ Boise Public Library, Ustick branch, 2-4 p.m. Friday, June 3, 7557 W. Ustick Road. The party will feature miniature horses to pet from Mini Joys, live music, air brush tattoos, pizza, cupcakes and more.
▪ Meridian Library District: 4-8 p.m. Friday, June 3, Settlers Park, 3245 N. Meridian Road, Meridian. Bounce houses, face painting, Toytown toy demonstrations, dancing, crafts and more.
▪ Nampa Public Library: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 4, 215 12th Ave. S. Sign up for this summer’s reading program and enjoy games, vendors, outdoor snacks and more.
First Thursday: 7 p.m. Thursday, June 2, Rediscovered Books, Boise. Join local photographer Mark Lisk and writer Nicole LeFavour, whose new book, “Sawtooth White Cloud,” brings to life the light and stark beauty of the silence and stillness of Idaho’s newly designated Boulder-White Clouds Wilderness.
Summer Reading Book Sale: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday-Saturday, June 3-4, Boise Public Library, main branch. All items 50 cents. Cash or checks preferred.