If you love serious singing, harmonizing and building community, then you might want to become a member of the Boise Philharmonic Master Chorale, an 80 plus-member chorus that performs with the Boise Philharmonic, Boise Baroque Chamber Orchestra and its own season.
This year’s annual auditions are from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday, Aug. 15, to Wednesday, Aug. 17 at the Esther Simplot Performing Arts Academy, 516 S. 9th St., Boise.
Applicants will be chosen on the basis of tone, pitch, diction, rhythm and music-reading skills.
▪ Bring a classical aria or art song of your choice. You can bring sheet music for accompaniment or sing a cappella.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
▪ Be prepared to demonstrate your vocalization and tonal memory through a warm up, and repetition of piano intervals.
▪ You’ll need to be able to sight-read and harmonize.
Call, 344-4794 or email Joanne@BoisePhilharmonic.org to schedule an appointment.
Boise Philharmonic Master Chorale 2016-2017 Concert Season
▪ Thompsons’ “Allelujah” and Vivaldi’s “Gloria,” Boise with Boise Baroque Chamber Orchestra, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 7 and 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9. Cathedral of the Rockies, 11th and Hays streets. (Part of Boise Baroque’s season.)
▪ Patriotic selections with the Treasure Valley Concert Band, 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 7, Morrison Center, 2201 Cesar Chavez Drive.
▪ Boise Philharmonic, Handel’s “The Messiah, 8 p.m., Friday, Dec. 2 and Saturday, Dec. 3, St. John’s Cathedral, 775 N. 8th St., Boise. (Boise Phil season extra.)
▪ Boise Philharmonic “Holiday Pops,” with the Northwest Nazarene University Choir, 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, Northwest Nazarene University Brandt Center, 707 Fern St., Nampa, and 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10, Morrison Center. (Part of the Boise Phil season.)
▪ Boise Philharmonic Chamber 360º, 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017, First Presbyterian Church, 950 W. State St., Boise.
▪ Beethoven’s 9th Symphony with Boise Philharmonic and guest conductor Brett Mitchell, 8 p.m. Friday, April 28, Northwest Nazarene University, and 8 p.m. Sunday, April 30, Morrison Center, Boise.
▪ Haydn’s “Mass in Time of War,” with Boise Baroque Chamber Orchestra, 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 28, and 2 p.m. Sunday, April 30, Cathedral of the Rockies.