The Boise Philharmonic is seeking its next music director through a season-long audition process that will bring seven candidates to Idaho to lead the orchestra for one concert.
Boise Phil 2016-’17 season
Boise Philharmonic will host seven candidates for its music director’s position that Robert Franz leaves this season. Here’s the lineup. Learn more at IdahoStatesman.com/artsbeat.
▪ Aram Demirjian, pianist Andrew von Oeyen and Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1: Sept. 30-Oct. 1
▪ Michelle Merrill, violinist Caroline Goulding and Beethoven’s Violin Concerto: Oct. 21-22
▪ Keitaro Harada, pianist Kevin Cole and Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue: Nov. 12 and Nov. 13
▪ Holiday Pops (a guest conductor to be announced): Dec. 9-10
▪ Alastair Willis, pianist Joachin Achúcarro and Grieg’s Piano Concerto: Jan. 27-28.
▪ Andrés Franco, cellist Edgar Moreau and Elgar’s Cello Concerto: Feb. 17-18
▪ Eric Garcia, violinist David Kim and Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto: March 10-11
▪ Brett Mitchell and the Boise Philharmonic Master Chorale, Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9: April 7-8.
Get season subscription information at BoisePhil.org.