So you messed up and didn’t make reservations for Mother’s Day brunch. Well, don’t sweat it. Idaho wineries have your back. Several will host special Mother’s Day wine tastings, concerts and more on Saturday, May 7, and Sunday, May 8.
▪ Huston Winery, 16473 Chicken Dinner Road in Caldwell, will celebrate moms on Saturday, May 7, from noon to 5 p.m. You’ll find music by singer and songwriter Tom Taylor. Huston will also release its 2015 Riesling. It’s all for the $5 tasting fee. Food will be available for purchase from Kanak Attack Catering. Bring the family and Mom tastes for free, all weekend long. HustonWinery.com.
▪ At Sawtooth Estate Winery, 13750 Surrey Lane, Nampa, Mom gets a complimentary wine glass as she tastes wines from Sawtooth and other Idaho wineries, including Cinder, Split Rail, Syringa, Fujishin and others. Don’t worry, there’s lots of local brews from from Payette, McCall breweries and more. You’ll enjoy jazz with Pamela DeMarche & Friends, vendors and food for purchase from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, May 8, $30 general, ($20 members), $50 and $40 for VIP at Universe.com. Free for 20 and younger. SawtoothWinery.com
▪ Ste. Chapelle Winery, 19348 Lowell Road, Caldwell, will delight with a concert on the lawn by do-wop and classic rockers The Fabulous Chancellors. You can purchase food or bring your own picnic, plus low-back chairs and blankets. There will be wine and beer for sale, artisan craft vendors and Massage Envy therapists from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, May 8 (gates open at noon). $12 general, $10 for members at Universe.com. Free for 16 and younger. SteChapelle.com.
▪ The family of winemakers at Hells Canyon and Zhoo Zhoo wineries, 18835 Symms Road, Caldwell, would love to celebrate with your family from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, May 8. You’ll enjoy live musical performances, lawn games, arts and crafts vendors and food for purchase from Kanak Attack Katering. Seating is limited so bring a picnic blanket or your own chairs. $12 at 454-3300, or RSVP on the Facebook event page. HellsCanyonWine.com.
▪ Head out to Vizcaya Winery, 8987 S. Greenhurst Road, Kuna, on Sunday, May 8, and celebrate Mom with wine tasting from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Food from Boise Fry Company starts at noon, and music by Wayne Worthen starts at 1 p.m. VizcayaWinery.com.
▪ Swing by Williamson Orchards & Vineyards, 19692 Williamson Lane, Caldwell, for some wine tasting, including specials on its Blossom Rosé. Mom will receive a complimentary flower and full glass of wine. There is a $5 tasting fee per person
Find more wine events at IdahoWines.org.