The district schedule for high school spring sports officially started Friday, but the schedule ramps into full speed this week as titles are awarded and teams lock up state tournament berths throughout the Treasure Valley.
Top-seeded Timberline (22-2) looms as the heavy favorite in 5A baseball, losing just one game to Idaho competition all year — second-seeded Rocky Mountain. Meanwhile, Eagle (23-0) enters as the second-ranked softball team in the nation. But it last won a 5A district title in 2013.
Here’s what to watch for each day:
- Monday: 5A girls golf, 4A boys and girls golf
- Tuesday: 5A, 4A baseball and softball semifinals
- Wednesday: 5A boys golf
- Thursday: 5A, 4A baseball and softball championships
- Friday: 5A, 4A track finals
- Saturday: 5A, 4A tennis finals