The Mountain West announced its slate of non-Saturday games this upcoming season Monday, and Boise State will take part in four such conference matchups, plus at least one nonconference tilt.
Those games announced Monday are:
Friday, Oct. 7 at New Mexico (7 p.m.; CBS Sports Network)
Thursday, Oct. 20 vs. BYU (8:15 p.m.; ESPN)
Never miss a local story.
Friday, Nov. 4 vs. San Jose State (8:15 p.m.; ESPN2)
Friday, Nov. 18 vs. UNLV (7 or 7:30 p.m.; ESPN2)
Friday, Nov. 25 at Air Force (1:30 p.m. CBS Sports Network)
Broadcast details for the Broncos’ other seven regular-season games will be announced soon, according to Boise State. In a statement, Athletic Director Curt Apsey said “we anticipate the other three (home) games will also be played at night.” According to the Mountain West TV bonus structure, the Broncos will get $900,000 (or $300,000 apiece) for the trio of weekday games on the ESPN networks.
The Mountain West schedule is now set, meaning the Broncos have a tough stretch in mid-October, with a home game Oct. 15 against Colorado State, and BYU coming to town just five days later. The Broncos’ other three nonconference game dates are subject to change.
Boise State’s updated football schedule for 2016:
▪ Saturday, Sept. 3: at Louisiana
▪ Saturday, Sept. 10: vs. Washington State
▪ Saturday, Sept. 17: Bye
▪ Saturday, Sept. 24: at Oregon State
▪ Saturday, Oct. 1: vs. Utah State
▪ Friday, Oct. 7: at New Mexico (7 p.m.; CBS Sports Network)
▪ Saturday, Oct. 15: vs. Colorado State
▪ Thursday, Oct. 20: vs. BYU (8:15 p.m.; ESPN)
▪ Saturday, Oct. 29: at Wyoming
▪ Friday, Nov. 4: vs. San Jose State (8:15 p.m.; ESPN2)
▪ Saturday, Nov. 12: at Hawaii
▪ Friday, Nov. 18: vs. UNLV (7 or 7:30 p.m.; ESPN2)
▪ Friday, Nov. 25: at Air Force (1:30 p.m.; CBS Sports Network)
▪ Saturday, Dec. 3: Mountain West championship game, TBD