The Boise State football team will play nine straight games to begin the 2015 season and welcome Air Force to town for senior day, the Mountain West announced Monday.
The league announced the order of conference games but the dates aren't final. TV partners ESPN and CBS Sports Network now must divvy up the games and they could move some to Thursdays or Fridays.
Here's where the schedule stands:
Sept. 4 (Friday): vs. Washington, ESPN
Sept. 12: at BYU
Sept. 18 (Friday): vs. Idaho State
Sept. 25 (Friday): at Virginia, ESPN/ESPN2
Oct. 3: vs. Hawaii
Oct. 10: at Colorado State
Oct. 17: at Utah State
Oct. 24: vs. Wyoming
Oct. 31: at UNLV
Nov. 14: vs. New Mexico
Nov. 21: vs. Air Force
Nov. 28: at San Jose State
Dec. 5: Mountain West championship game
Never miss a local story.
Final dates likely will be set by early April. Some game times won't be known until less than two weeks before kickoff.
A few notes and observations:
- The Broncos play the Mountain West's two option teams back to back, at home, after a bye week. That should help coaches prepare the team for New Mexico, which gave the Broncos a scare last year, and Air Force, which beat them.
- The Broncos finish the regular season at San Jose State on Thanksgiving weekend, the only November road game.
- The toughest conference stretch could be in October, with consecutive road games at Colorado State and Utah State. Those were the Broncos' top rivals for the Mountain Division crown in 2014.
- The Broncos traded Nevada, Fresno State and San Diego State for Hawaii, UNLV and San Jose State for 2015-16 as part of the Mountain West's scheduling rotation.
- The games that seem the strongest candidates to move to weeknights include BYU and Air Force. It also will be interesting to see which road game ESPN tries to get in a trade with CBS Sports. The Colorado State and Utah State games will be tempting. San Jose State also could be attractive because it's Thanksgiving weekend. ESPN has traded a game with CBS each of the past two years. ESPN owns the rights to the Broncos' home games.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.