A week after former Boise State wide receiver Thomas Sperbeck was cut by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, another former Bronco is back in the NFL.
On Sunday, the Jacksonville Jaguars announced they have signed safety Jeron Johnson, who had been a free agent. Johnson, who was undrafted in 2011 following his Boise State career, has played for the Seahawks and Redskins in the regular season. He was in camp with the Chiefs before being released, signing with Seattle, where he spent his first four seasons.
Johnson has played in 64 NFL games, starting twice, totaling 75 tackles. He has been a strong special teamer, too. The Broncos have 24 former players currently in training camps.
Never miss a local story.
BOISE STATE PLAYERS IN THE NFL
▪ RB, Jay Ajayi, No. 23 Miami Dolphins
▪ C, Travis Averill, No. 61 Atlanta Falcons
▪ LB, Kamalei Correa, No. 51 Baltimore Ravens
▪ DL, Tyrone Crawford, No. 98 Dallas Cowboys
▪ DB, Donte Deayon, No. 38 New York Giants
▪ S, Lee Hightower, No. 39 Indianapolis Colts (played 2011-12, finished at Houston)
▪ S, George Iloka, No. 43 Cincinnati Bengals
▪ S, Chanceller James, No. 43 San Francisco 49ers
▪ S, Jeron Johnson, No. 23 Jacksonville Jaguars
▪ DE, DeMarcus Lawrence, No. 90 Dallas Cowboys
▪ OL, Charles Leno Jr., No. 72 Chicago Bears
▪ RB, Doug Martin, No. 22 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
▪ DE, Sam McCaskill, No. 66 Minnesota Vikings
▪ LB, Shea McClellin (Marsing High), No. 58 New England Patriots
▪ RB, Jeremy McNichols, No. 33 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
▪ QB, Kellen Moore, No. 17 Dallas Cowboys
▪ CB, Jonathan Moxey, No. 41 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
▪ G/T, Rees Odhiambo, No. 70 Seattle Seahawks
▪ C, Matt Paradis (Council High), No. 61 Denver Broncos
▪ CB, Orlando Scandrick, No. 32 Dallas Cowboys
▪ DB, Jamar Taylor, No. 21 Cleveland Browns
▪ FS, Darian Thompson, No. 27 New York Giants
▪ LB, Tanner Vallejo, No. 40 Buffalo Bills
▪ DE, Billy Winn, No. 97 Denver Broncos