Boise State’s home opener against Washington State will kick off at 8:15 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10, and be televised by ESPN2, the Mountain West and ESPN announced Tuesday.
Additionally, the home game against UNLV on Friday, Nov. 18, already set for ESPN2, will kick off at 7 p.m.
Times for four of the Broncos’ six home games are set, all at 7 p.m. or later.
“Playing at night, under the lights to a national audience, has become part of who we are,” Boise State Athletic Director Curt Apsey said in a statement. “We play on Thursdays, we play on Fridays, we play on a blue field and we play at night. We have embraced this as a department, and we need to find ways so that when the clock strikes midnight and we’re still playing, we look around Albertsons Stadium and see our fans embracing this as well.”
Never miss a local story.
Of Boise State’s 12 regular-season games, 10 have been picked up for national television. Only road games at Louisiana (Saturday, Sept. 3) and Oregon State (Saturday, Sept. 24) have not been finalized.
Boise State’s 2016 football schedule:
▪ Sept. 3 (Saturday): at Louisiana, time and TV TBD
▪ Sept. 10 (Saturday): Washington State, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN2)
▪ Sept. 17: BYE
▪ Sept. 24 (Saturday): at Oregon State, time and TV TBD
▪ Oct. 1 (Saturday): Utah State, time and TV TBD (ESPN Networks)
▪ Oct. 7 (Friday): at New Mexico, 7 p.m. (CBSSN)
▪ Oct. 15 (Saturday): Colorado State, time and TV TBD (ESPN Networks)
▪ Oct. 20 (Thursday): BYU, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN)
▪ Oct. 29 (Saturday): at Wyoming, 5 p.m. (CBSSN)
▪ Nov. 4 (Friday): San Jose State, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN2)
▪ Nov. 12 (Saturday): at Hawaii, 5 p.m. (CBSSN)
▪ Nov. 18 (Friday): UNLV, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
▪ Nov. 25 (Friday): at Air Force, 1:30 p.m. (CBSSN)