Boise State’s win at UNLV on Saturday is the gift that keeps on giving.
The Broncos picked up a verbal commitment from a Las Vegas defensive end Sunday, on Boise State coach Bryan Harsin’s birthday, to boot. Derriyon Shaw, a 6-foot-4, 225-pound pass rusher from Legacy High in northern Las Vegas announced via Twitter he has committed to the Broncos. He took his official visit to Boise the weekend of the Broncos’ Oct. 24 win over Wyoming.
Shaw moved from Georgia to Las Vegas earlier this year, and was already on the recruiting radar back East. He has reported offers from North Carolina, Cincinnati, Arizona State, Washington, UNLV and Nevada, among others.
Never miss a local story.
2016 RECRUITING CLASS
– QB Micah Wilson, 6-3, 205, Lincoln Christian School (Tulsa, Okla.)
– DL Chase Hatada, 6-3, 260, Rocklin (Calif.) High
– CB Robert Lewis, 5-10, 170, Augustus Hawkins High (Los Angeles)
– OL Kole Bailey, 6-5, 285, Twin Falls High
– RB Robert Mahone, 6-0, 200, Prosper (Texas) High
– WR Julian Carter, 6-2, 175, Saguaro High (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
– OL Ezra Cleveland, 6-6, 270, Bethel High (Spanaway, Wash.)
– CB Reid Harrison-Ducros, 5-11, 175, Heritage High (Colleyville, Texas)
– LB/S Desmond Williams, 6-0, 190, Centennial High (Corona, Calif.)
– LB Tyson Maeva, 6-0, 225, Cathedral Catholic High (San Diego)
– RB Damarea Crockett, 5-11, 211, Little Rock (Ark.) Christian
– TE Nick Crabtree, 6-6, 250, Huntington Beach (Calif.) High
– LB Ali'i Niumatalolo, 6-2, 225, Broadneck High (Annapolis, Md.)
– DE Derriyon Shaw, 6-4, 225, Legacy High (Las Vegas)
Note: Boise State is believed to have two more commitments who haven't publicly announced their decisions