1. Boise State: Broncos have shown flaws in first two games but are still league’s best.
2. Air Force: Falcons might be Boise State’s greatest threat in the conference.
3. Utah State: Aggies and QB Chuckie Keeton looked much better in second game.
4. San Diego State: Aztecs are trying to live on defense alone.
Never miss a local story.
5. Hawaii: Warriors’ loss at Ohio State might have been Mountain West’s best nonconference performance last week.
6. Colorado State: Passing attack plummeted against a real opponent.
7. Nevada: West’s lack of firepower opens the door for Wolf Pack.
8. Fresno State: Bulldogs could turn their season over to a true freshman QB.
9. UNLV: Unlike much of the conference, at least Rebels are trending up.
10. San Jose State: Spartans gave Air Force a good fight on the road — until the fourth quarter.
11. New Mexico: Mountain West needed Lobos to beat Tulsa. They got whipped.
12. Wyoming: Cowboys are in the running for Worst Team in America.