1. Boise State: Can the Broncos avoid a letdown the rest of the season?
2. Utah State: Matt Wells just needed to get to his backup QB again.
3. Air Force: Blowout loss to Navy was latest ding for Mountain West.
4. San Jose State: Spartans arguably are getting best QB play outside of Boise. That makes Spartans contenders.
5. Colorado State: Offensive inconsistency has put the Rams in a hole.
6. San Diego State: That defense might be enough to win the West.
7. UNLV: A win against San Jose State, with a backup QB, would vault Rebels into top five on this list.
8. Nevada: Strange times when the Wolf Pack are losing in a defensive struggle.
9. Hawaii: Three road games, zero points. Ouch.
10. New Mexico: Lobos have three wins. Their opponents in those games: zero wins.
11. Fresno State: Program has unraveled this year.
12. Wyoming: Cowboys the latest Mountain West team to lose to a Sun Belt team.