1. Boise State: Only three of their Mountain West opponents played in bowl games last year.
2. Air Force: Falcons could give the Mountain West a boost by beating Navy.
3. Colorado State: The Rams play a critical Mountain West game this week at ... .
4. Utah State: ... which enters familiar territory without injured QB Chuckie Keeton.
Never miss a local story.
5. San Jose State: The Spartans’ scoring punch could give them the edge in a division with little offense.
6. Hawaii: The Warriors get three division games at home, including San Jose State.
7. Nevada: Schedule sets up for Wolf Pack to start 3-0 in MW: vs. UNLV, vs. New Mexico, at Wyoming.
8. San Diego State: The Aztecs seem to take an extended halftime, with huge errors right before and after the break.
9. Fresno State: Bulldogs dealing with one of nation’s worst QB situations.
10. UNLV: Incredible that this woeful program now holds the Mountain West scoring record (80 points vs. Idaho State).
11. New Mexico: Lobos got the win they had to have at Wyoming.
12. Wyoming: Cowboys appear headed for 0-12.