Spring chinook season for the Clearwater, Salmon and Little Salmon rivers will begin April 23 and remain open until further notice.
Open areas will be the same as last year (learn more about how to catch chinook here):
Clearwater River drainage
▪ Mainstem Clearwater River from Camas Prairie Railroad Bridge upstream to the South Fork of the Clearwater River.
▪ North Fork of the Clearwater from the mouth upstream to Dworshak Dam excluding the perimeter of the Dworshak National Hatchery at Ahsahka.
▪ South Fork Clearwater River from its mouth upstream to the confluence of American and Red rivers.
▪ Middle Fork Clearwater River from the South Fork upstream to the confluence of the Lochsa and Selway rivers.
▪ Lochsa River from its mouth upstream to the Twin Bridges immediately upstream from the confluence of Crooked Fork and Colt Killed creeks.
Salmon River drainage
▪ Lower Salmon River from Rice Creek Bridge upstream to the uppermost boat ramp at Vinegar Creek.
▪ Little Salmon River from the mouth upstream to the U.S. Highway 95 bridge near Smokey Boulder Road.
▪ Snake River from Dug Bar boat ramp upstream to Hells Canyon Dam.
For the Clearwater River, North Fork and Middle Forks of the Clearwater and Lochsa River are four chinook per day of which only one may be an adult (24 inches or longer) and 12 in possession, of which only three may be adults.
Limits for the South Fork of the Clearwater River, Snake River, Lower Salmon River and Little Salmon River are four chinook of which only two may be adults and 12 in possession, of which only six may be adults.
Season limit is 20 adult chinook salmon statewide during 2016 for salmon seasons occurring prior to Sept. 1, 2016.
Only hatchery chinook with a clipped adipose fin may be kept by anglers, and all others must be released unharmed. Chinook anglers are also restricted to barbless hooks.
Other rules and special restrictions for the chinook salmon fishery will be available in the 2016 spring chinook salmon brochure at Fish and Game offices, license vendors and online prior to season opener.