Buy a copy of our Fishing Guide
"Southwest Idaho Fishing Guide" features expert advice and scouting reports on 50 lakes, rivers and ponds by Idaho Statesman outdoor writers Roger Phillips and Pete Zimowsky.
- Idaho Fish and Game
- Fishing Seasons and Rules
- License, Tag and Permit Fees
- Fishing Reports / Information
- Fish Stocking Information
- USGS: Idaho streamflows
Blogs and Columns
- Roger Phillips' fishing reports and columns
- Pete Zimowsky's columns
- Roger and Zimo's 'Into the Outdoors' blog
Send us your videos and photos
Share your big catch. Send us your photos or upload your videos into our Idaho Statesman video player.
Materials submitted to the Idaho Statesman and IdahoStatesman.com may be reproduced and distributed in print, electronic or other form for perpetuity. By submitting your materials you agree to these terms.
FISHING TIPS AND GEAR
- Want to fly fish? Here's what you need
- Wondering how to fill your fly box? These will get you started
- All it takes is one fish to get a kid hooked on fishing
- 10 types of boats to get you into Idaho's famous waterways
- Fish & Game's fishing planner can help plan your trip
- Fishing doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. All you really need are the basics.
- Fishing with kids
- Use these fly-fishing tactics to hook a big one
- Gear: Forget the birdnests when casting with WaveSpin
- Gear: Fishing dashboard keeps lures handy
- Gear: Install a rod holder to keep your fishing rod onboard
- Gear: Fishing pack is designed for long treks to alpine lakes