It is getting increasingly difficult to have a reasonable discussion with people from the left as they increasingly distort the position of the right, creating a straw man of no substance. Here are some illusions they present.
(1) The right are climate change deniers. I do not think that such a person even exists. We all believe the climate changes. So does the weather.
(2) The right is anti-immigration. Again, where is such a person on the right? Everyone in Congress from the right I know of supports real immigration, which is legal immigration. However, entering our country contrary to law is not immigration.
(3) The right are racist and bigots. They throw out these mean-spirited attacks without giving any evidence based in reality.
Never miss a local story.
(4) Jesus was a socialist. Jesus didn’t support Caesar in any forced redistribution, but encouraged people to voluntarily give.
(5) Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and others lie. They accuse without evidence.
(6) Republicans are extremists. Not as extreme as the Democrats. In fact, Republicans have gotten more liberal over the years.
It would be nice if we could use reality as a base of conversation.
Joseph J. Dewey, Boise