As a geologist, we study the Earth and the processes that act upon it. Geologists use a different clock, thinking in thousands and millions of years. There is a history of major climate changes long before modern man.
We’re told carbon dioxide and methane are causing the entire Earth to warm markedly, and 97 percent of “scientists” agree. This is a gross rush to judgment, say I, one of the other 3 percent scientists. CO2 is about 0.04 percent (400ppm) of our air. The increase of 120ppm from man and nature since 1750 is causing the entire Earth to warm significantly? I don’t think so. We know the planet has warmed since the last Ice Age, 10,500 years ago, and sea level has risen about 400 feet. Ice core study indicates many more significant warming trends have occurred and suggest temperature rises before CO2 increases.
We don’t need nonscientists concluding what is factual about global climate changes. We don’t need the press, politicians or presidents pushing bad science. And last of all, we don’t need the pope getting involved. We all remember the pope who threw Galileo in jail because he and everyone else knew the Earth was flat.
Jim Classen, Boise