Elmore County Sheriff’s Office issued a warning this week to marijuana users after a man was hospitalized due to using marijuana laced with a chemical, according to a KIVI Channel 6 report.
The Glenns Ferry man was left in serious condition with irreversible injury, Chief Deputy Mike Barclay told KIVI. Deputies didn’t specify what the chemical was.
Barclay did say their biggest concern is that there could possibly be more marijuana being sold in the area with the hazardous chemical, according to the report.
He urged marijuana users to take caution when buying marijuana. He admitted it was an odd caution to come from law enforcement, but said that users should make sure they know where their weed is coming from before ingesting it, according to the KIVI report.