The motor home backfired while parked in a driveway in the 2500 block of West Whitelaw Drive about 5 p.m. Monday, sparking a blaze that spread to that house and a neighboring home, the Meridian Fire Department reports.
Two people were treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, the fire department reports.
The fire was ruled an accident. Boise and Eagle firefighters assisted the Meridian department.
"The motor home is a complete loss, and the two homes have considerable damage," according to an MFD news release. "Both families are being assisted by the Burnout Fund and by TIP (Trauma Intervention Program) volunteers."