A break in a fresh water line in a second-floor bathroom led to an evacuation of the theater at The Village at Meridian Sunday afternoon.
Monday, the theater has been cleaned up and is open for business as usual, according to a news release.
Customers who were interrupted mid-movie or who had tickets for a movie showing that was canceled can receive a refund. Visit the theater, call 208-995-2942 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Water starting cascading down from the second-floor balcony at the theater and leaking through the light fixtures around 4:50 p.m., said Ken Welborn, battalion chief with Meridian Fire.
Never miss a local story.
“It was a pretty good-sized leak,” he said.
Meridian Fire and Boise Fire responded to the incident.
When firefighters arrived, they evacuated the people in the theaters and sought out the source of the leak. They found it coming from a second-floor bathroom and were able to shut down the water main within five minutes of getting on scene, Welborn said.
Fire crews were primarily concerned with the water hitting light fixtures.
“Water and electricity don’t go too well together,” Welborn said.
But, they were able to control the scene. No one was injured, he said.