The identity of the woman who died after she was severely burned in a Nampa garage fire was released Monday.
The Ada County Coroner’s Office listed Zarieda Pangus’ cause of death as “thermal injuries due to a garage fire.” Pangus was 92 — a great-grandmother living with her family.
The homeowner of the residence in the 400 block of East Rocklan Court had been refilling his lawnmower with fuel Thursday. Some of the fuel spilled, ignited and caused an explosion. The homeowner fled the garage. Unfortunately, Pangus then entered the garage just as a second explosion happened. That explosion covered her in burns across 90 percent of her body, according to Nampa Fire Department.
She was transported to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise, where she died later that day, according to the coroner’s release.
Never miss a local story.
The rest of the family was able to get out of the home safely. The home didn’t sustain much damage.