As many of you may already know — either because your co-workers are surprisingly damp and have helmet hair, or because it is you who sporting a slighty sweaty look — it’s Bike to Work Day.
In the Treasure Valley, we love our outdoors so much that we made a week of it. The Treasure Valley Cycling Alliance encourages residents to celebrate their bicycles for a whole week. The organization partnered with agencies, bike shops and nonprofits to put on through Saturday for cycling enthusiasts.
But Friday, the main event is just getting to work.
Want to learn more about bicycling in the Treasure Valley?
- Trikes, electric bikes, cruisers fill Boise cycling niches
- Electric bike delights — but where can it be ridden?
- Quiz: How much do you really know about local bike and pedestrian crashes?
- Video: Safest times to bicycle in Ada County
- Letter to the editor: Rude bicyclists
Here’s what people are talking about around town regarding this city celebration. If you want to be included in the conversation, use the hashtags #BiketoWorkDay2016 or #BTWD2016, and we’ll plug you into our live social media coverage.