A barbecue grill accidentally sparked a fire that starting outside at the home on North Garden Street and then spread to the house, the Boise Fire Department reports.
The fire was reported about 6:20 p.m. in the 1400 block of Garden near West Kendall streets.
One resident and two dogs who were inside the house got out safely, but the home suffered extensive damage, the Boise Fire Department reports. The department’s Burnout Fund and the Traumatic Intervention Program stepped in to assist the residents.
Firefighters quickly got the fire under control and checked all levels of the house, including the basement, where reportedly some ammunition was stored.
Never miss a local story.
Power lines were down in the area, and Boise police helped control traffic. Only one alarm was called, but it was categorized as an active fire, with about eight units responding, an Ada County dispatcher said.