A man was sent to a local hospital after a two-alarm fire Tuesday night at the Latah Village apartment complex near the 3900 block of Alpine Street, according to the Boise Fire Department.
BFD responded to a report of a structure fire around 11:10 p.m. Tuesday. Residents of the complex evacuated, except for the occupant of the apartment on fire.
Crews “safely” found the man who was stuck in the home, according to a BFD press release.
Never miss a local story.
He received treatment on scene and was transported to an unspecified hospital.
Crews knocked down the fire within about 10 minutes, but it significantly damaged the apartment, according to BFD.
The fire was determined to be caused by a improperly disposed cigarette, according to BFD.