The fire was reported about 8 a.m. in the 600 block of East Jefferson Street, and four fire engines responded, the Boise Fire Department reports.
Investigators believe the fire started between the first floor and the basement, KIVI-TV, Channel 6, reports.
"The floor was burned away a little bit. We did have the floor drop on a couple of the guys. So we're very fortunate that nobody got hurt there,” BFD Battalion Chief John Peugh told KIVI. “It was just difficult to locate the seed of the fire. But once they did, they were real quick about getting it extinguished."
The cause of the fire was electrical, the fire department tweeted Monday afternoon. Smoke detectors in the home were functioning, BFD reports.
Never miss a local story.
The home's resident is getting assistance from the Boise Fire Department Burn-Out Fund, the BFD reports.