Heavy snow on power lines and downed trees, have caused ongoing power outages in Boise County, Idaho Power spokeswoman Melissa Thom said Thursday afternoon.
“Multiple crews are working to get to the damaged lines, but the heavy snow makes access difficult,” Thom said. “The crews are using snow cats, snow mobiles, and snowshoes to reach the damaged lines. They expect to work into the evening to safely restore power.”
At 7:15 p.m., there were just two outages in Boise County:
Never miss a local story.
▪ 3:03 p.m. outage affecting 111 customers in the area of Holiday Drive. Crews are patrolling to find the cause of the outage.
▪ 1:23 p.m. outage affecting 42 customers on Scriver Bluff Road. Crews are looking for the cause of the outage.
UPDATE: Power has been restored to all these Boise customers, according to the Idaho Power outage map.
▪ 1:39 p.m. outage affecting 171 customers in Robie Creek Lane area. Estimated restoration time: 3 p.m.
▪ 12:27 p.m. outage affecting 22 customers on Evergreen Drive at Wilderness Ranch. Crews are patrolling for cause of the outage. No estimated time for restoration.
▪ 1:44 p.m. outage affecting 98 customers on Wilderness Ranch Road. Crews are patrolling for the cause of the outage. No estimated time for restoration.
▪ 9:27 a.m. outage affecting 66 customers in Dunningham Creek Road area. Estimated time of restoration: 3 p.m.
▪ 6:37 a.m. outage affecting 54 customers in the Johnson Creek Road area. Crews are patrolling for the cause of the outage. No estimated time of restoration.
▪ 2:38 a.m. outage affecting 22 customers in the War Eagle Road area. Crews are patrolling for the cause of the outage. Estimated time of restoration was 5 a.m. (Note: It is unclear if that one was resolved).
▪ 5 a.m. outage affecting 259 customers in the Pine Heights Drive area. Crew is one site. They are patrolling for the cause of the outage. No estimated time for restoration of power.
▪ 5:09 a.m. outage affecting 40 customers in the Beaver Creek Road area. Crew assigned. They are patrolling for the cause of the outage. No estimated time for restoration of power.
▪ 4:50 p.m. outage affecting 81 customers on Daggett Creek Road. Power is expected to be restored by 7 p.m. (if it is not, check back with Idaho Power for updated information).
6:27 p.m. outage affecting 84 customers on Southside Bouelvard near Bowmont Road. Estimated time for restoration of power is 8 p.m.
Update: This has been resolved.
1:20 p.m. outage affecting 26 customers in area of South Kimball Avenue in Caldwell. Estimated time of restoration is 3 p.m.
An Idaho Power official said that a cluster of outages in West Boise near the intersection of Cloverdale and Franklin roads, reported on the outage map just after 1:30 p.m. was a glitch in the map. There was no outage.