It’s time for a walk and/or run at FitOne, which brings together people of all ages and abilities together for competitive and noncompetitive events for walkers, runners and families pushing strollers.
The money raised from the event that brings in upwards of 10,000 participants goes to St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital. But the event overall is an effort to promote better health and there will be free health screenings, healthy cooking and eating tips and fitness classes at the two-day-long event.
The event kicks off Thursday at noon with the interactive FitOne Expo at 850 Front Street at the Boise Centre, 208-381-2221. Participants can pick up packets and register then for the Saturday races: registration is $40 for the 5K. But participants must preregister for the $50 10K and the $60 half marathon. (For kids the registration fees are respectively: $25, $35 and $45.)
There will be road closures Saturday for the races.
Never miss a local story.
▪ West Front Street to West State Street and South 6th Street to South 9th Street will be shut down from 7 to 10:30 a.m.
▪ South Capitol Boulevard and Crescent Rim Drive will be closed from 7:45 to approximately 11:30 a.m.
▪ South Capitol Boulevard from West Front Street to West River Street will be shut down from 9:15 to 10 a.m.
▪ South 9th Street from West River Street to University Drive will be closed from 7:45 to 11 a.m.
▪ South Americana Boulevard from West Shoreline Drive to West Emerald at South Roosevelt Street and South Latah near Morris Hill Road are to be closed from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
▪ West Jefferson Street from South 6th Street to North Avenue C. are closed from 7:15 to 10:45 a.m.
▪ East Warm Springs Avenue from North Avenue C to South Walnut Street are closed from 7:15 to 10:30 a.m.
▪ East Warm Springs Avenue from South Walnut Street to Starview Drive are shut down from 7:30 to 9:15 a.m.
▪ South Walnut Street from East Warm Springs Avenue to South Strawberry Lane will be closed from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.