The candidates include a staff attorney for Boise’s federal court office, a magistrate judge from Twin Falls, two state deputy attorneys general and two attorneys from the Ada County Prosecutor’s Office.
The Idaho Judicial Council will pick one to replace Judge Timothy L. Hansen, who has held that seat, but plans to retire in February 2017. Based in Boise, he is currently the administrative judge for the 4th Judicial District.
The council will interview the candidates on Nov. 1. Before then, you’re invited to tell the council what you know about each candidate’s qualifications.
The council asks that you only comment on candidates who “you know sufficiently well, based upon personal contact and/or professional experience, to render a sound and informed opinion.” Comments are due by Sept. 15. To comment, print and fill out this form. Then mail it to David W. Cantrill, executive director, Idaho Judicial Council, P.O. Box 1397, Boise, ID 83701.
Never miss a local story.
The candidates are:
▪ Nancy Baskin of Boise, career staff attorney for U.S. District Court.
▪ Calvin Campbell of Twin Falls, magistrate judge.
▪ Christopher Graham of Boise, private attorney.
▪ Scott Keim of Meridian, lead deputy attorney general, health and human services division.
▪ John Kormanik of Boise, private attorney.
▪ Jessica Lorello of Meridian, deputy attorney general, criminal law.
▪ Bryan Nickels of Boise, private attorney.
▪ Gene Petty of Boise, deputy prosecutor, Ada County.
▪ Terri Pickens Manweiler of Boise, private attorney.
▪ Jeffrey White of Meridian, deputy prosecutor, Ada County.