Brad Wiskirchen, CEO of Kount in Boise, is a finalist for EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 Award in the Utah region.
EY is the accounting and advisory firm formerly known as Ernst & Young.
• • •
Never miss a local story.
Idaho schools have won almost $40,000 in grants from the CenturyLink Foundation for technology projects.
Local grantees included:
▪ West Junior High School in Boise was awarded more than $3,000 for technology to support reading intervention for struggling students. Teacher Pamela Slevin submitted the project.
▪ Riverglen Junior High in Boise was awarded almost $5,000 to buy robotics technology and software. Teacher Larry Richter submitted the project.
▪ Treasure Valley Math and Science Center in Boise was awarded almost $4,500 to create an aerospace class complete with drones. Teacher Paul Verhage submitted the project.
▪ Whittier Elementary in Boise was awarded $5,000 to buy iPads and accessories to help integrate a bilingual English and Spanish curriculum in all subject areas. Teacher Susan Hayes submitted the project.
▪ Valley Elementary in Hazelton was awarded over $2,000 to upgrade the Accelerated Reader program. Teacher Christi Lamun submitted the project.
▪ The Ambrose School in Meridian was awarded nearly $5,000 for a lab to explore heart physiology with an electrocardiogram test. Teacher Dr. Sarah Westcott submitted the project.
▪ Rocky Mountain High School in Meridian was awarded more than $4,700 to buy a BLAST database enabling the study of gene sequencing. Teacher Erin Tiderman submitted the project.
▪ River Valley Elementary in Meridian was awarded more than $4,000 for laptops to improve students’ writing skills. Teacher Kaycie Winn submitted the project.
Amy K. Dockter has been elected corporate treasurer of CSHQA, a Boise architectural firm.
Dockter, who has been with the firm since 1993, is the first engineer and the first woman to become an officer in the 128-year history of the firm. She manages CSHQA’s engineering department and has been a member of the board of directors since 2010.
Peggy Calhoun: 208-377-6355. These and other achievements will also appear in the Idaho Statesman’s Business Insider magazine, whose print edition and its digital replica are published on the third Wednesday of each month. Click here for the Statesman’s e-edition, which includes Business Insider (subscription required).
Submit an item
Email news items for Achievements to email@example.com. High-resolution individual portraits are welcome. All submissions become property of the Idaho Statesman.