Twelve lawyers and judges have applied for a position on the Idaho Court of Appeals to replace Judge Karen Lansing, who is set to retire June 30.
The Idaho Judicial Council is seeking public input on the candidates. The council is especially interested in residents’ views on the candidates’ integrity and moral courage, legal ability and experience, intelligence, wisdom and their capacity to be fair-minded and deliberate, among other attributes.
The judges handle appeals brought from lower courts and are paid $130,000 a year.
Questionnaires are available online at www.judicialcouncil.idaho.gov. Completed questionnaires must be received by April 8. Send them to James D. Carlson, executive director, Idaho Judicial Council, P.O. Box 1397, Boise, ID 83701.
Never miss a local story.
The candidates are:
• Randall Adams, a Post Falls attorney.
• Dennis Benjamin, a Boise attorney.
• Russ Comstock, a 4th Judicial District magistrate from Boise.
• Molly Huskey, a 3rd Judicial District judge from Middleton.
• Jessica Lorello, a deputy Idaho attorney general from Meridian.
• Erika Malmen, a Boise attorney.
• David Manweiler, a 4th Judicial District magistrate from Boise.
• Michael Oths, a 4th Judicial District magistrate from Boise.
• Christine Salmi, a Boise attorney.
• George Southworth, a 3rd Judicial District judge from Nampa.
• Stewart Trapper, a Coeur d’Alene attorney.
• Jayme Sullivan, a 3rd Judicial District judge from Nampa.