Ann Morrison Park When:
Friday, July 4, 10:15 p.m. (approximately)
The event will be free to the public and simulcast on Today's 6 with the fireworks synced to the music on 107.1 K-HITS!
Your guide to 4th of July activities in Ann Morrison Park!
Click here for event information.
Click here for schedule of events and map!
Print version of the guide available in the Idaho Statesman July 2.
Idaho Statesman Chalk Art Festival
Ann Morrison Park When:
Friday, July 4, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Calling all artists! Artists 12 and older, come share your artistic talent with chalk. Kids under 12, enjoy Chalk Land.
Watch featured artists Karen Bubb, Melissa Chambers, Lauren Kistner, Danielle Mierzwa, Chi E Shenam Westin, Geoff Everts and Scott Pentzer.
Click here for more information and to register for the Chalk Art Festival.
Schedule of Events
- Idaho Statesman Chalk Art Festival presented by Craft Warehouse
- Chalk Land for kids
- Kids' activities provided by Boise Parks and Recreation's Mobile Recreation Program
- noon - 1 p.m. - Dodge Ball
- 1 -2 p.m. - Capture the Flag
- 2 - 2:30 p.m. - Art Project
- 2:30 - 3 p.m. - Water Games
- 3 - 4 p.m. - Parachute Games
- 4 - 4:30 p.m. - Diffusion Tag
- 4:30 - 5 p.m. - Independence Ball
- 5 - 5:30 p.m. - Art Project
- 5:30 - 6:15 p.m. - Soccer
- 6:15 - 7 p.m. - Dodge Ball
- Live Music
Live music will begin at 3 p.m., at the Treasure Valley Ford Stores Entertainment Stage. Musical Entertainment arranged by Duck Club Presents:
- 3 p.m. - Aaron Mark Brown
- 4:20 p.m. - Lounge on Fire
- 6 p.m. - Virgil
- 7 p.m. - Modern Kin
- 8:30 p.m. - Radiation City
- Idaho Mining and Geological Society - teaching gold panning
- Boise Fire-Safe House and BSU Fire Truck
- Food and alcohol vendors
- Bike Corral
- Children's Bike Decorating
- Children's Bike Parade
- Decorating Contest Winners Announced - Best Decorated, Most Patriotic and Crowd Favorite
- Idaho Statesman Chalk Art Festival awards, including Primary Health People's Choice Award
- Movie in the Park - "Born to be Wild" from Swank Motion Pictures
- "MJ Walking" with MJ from the Idaho Steelheads
- Videos throughout the day
Ann Morrison Park will be closed the Fourth of July to vehicle traffic with a few exceptions.
Limited vehicle access (short-term) will be allowed in the parking lot near the Royal Blvd entrance to pick up river floaters. The shuttle bus pick up for river floaters will have regular access to the park. Equipment rental at Barber Park will be open until 6 p.m. The last shuttle bus pick up will depart from Ann Morrison Park at 9 p.m.
Parkings for disabled people is provided in Ann Morrison lots off of American Boulevard. Official disability license plate or placard required for access to these lots.
Vehicles parked illegally or blocking access for emergency vehicles will be towed.
Free public parking will be provided by Boise State University in the Towers surface lot and the Brady Garage (accessible from Brady Street). [map]
Capital City Development Corporation is providing FREE parking from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. on the 4th of July in downtown Boise at the following public garages:
- Eastman: 848 W. Main St.
- Capitol Terrace: 770 W. Main St.
- City Centre: 312 S. 9th St.
- Grove Street: 234 S. 10th St.
- Boulevard: 245 S. Capitol Blvd.
- Myrtle Street: 789 W. Broad Street
If you plan to visit the park to view the fireworks, please come prepared and be mindful of the following:
- No fireworks or sparklers are allowed in the park.
- Please leave pets at home.
- Consider bringing the following items: water, sunscreen, bug spray, flashlight and a blanket or chair to sit on.
- No glass bottles are allowed in the park.
- Please use recycle receptacles in the park for cans, plastic bottles and plastic cups.
- Alcoholic beverages are illegal within 250 feet of the Boise River.
- Smoking is prohibited except in a designated area in the southwest corner of the park near the duck pond.
- The Disk Golf Course will be closed July 3 and 4 in Ann Morrison Park.
The organizers and sponsors thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to seeing you on the Fourthof July!
More Fourth of July Events
- Gem State Kiwanis Annual Fourth of July Pancake Breakfast
Where: Julia Davis Park; next to the Gene Harris Bandshell
When: 7 - 11 a.m. Friday, July 4
Price: $6 for adults, $5 seniors and children 13 and under, $25 family of 5 or more, free for current active duty.
This is the Gem State Kiwanis' 51st anniversary hosting the event. For tickets, contact John Shaw at 208-331-1456. For other information, contact Dennis McManamon at 208-921-0762.
- 4th of July Liberty Day Parade
Theme: Pledging Again: Lives, Fortunes, and Sacred Honor
Where: Downtown Boise
When: 11 a.m. Friday, July 4
Visit Libertydayparade.com for more information.
2014 FIREWORKS CELEBRATION SPONSORS
Entertainment Stage Sponsor:
VIP Fireworks Viewing Area Sponsor:
George and Bev Harad
Intermountain Gas Company
J.R. Simplot Company