Fourth of July celebration
2013 FIREWORKS CELEBRATION SPONSORS
Entertainment Stage Sponsor:
VIP Fireworks Viewing Area Sponsor:
Intermountain Gas Company
J.R. Simplot Company
Corporate sponsorships:Sponsorships fund the fireworks display and are tax-deductible donations payable to the City of Boise Fireworks Celebration. Wed love to secure additional corporate sponsors. If you are interested in sponsoring the fireworks celebration or would like more information, please contact Theresa McLeod, Office of the Mayor at TMcLeod@cityofboise.org or 208-384-4406.
When: Thursday, July 4, 10:15 p.m. (approximately)
The fireworks will be simulcast on Today's 6 and synced to the music on 107.1 K-HITS!
See our special section in the Idaho Statesman June 30 and July 3. Event map included!
Want to Volunteer?
Volunteers help make this community event a success. We welcome all sorts of volunteer support, ranging from friendly faces at the information booth to folks securing the perimeter to help keep everyone safe. Volunteers must be 18 or older.
Idaho Statesman Chalk Art Festival
Calling all artists! Artists 12 and older, come share your artistic talent with chalk. Kids under 12, enjoy Chalk Land.
Watch featured artists Karen Bubb, Melissa Chambers, Geoff Everts, Byron Folwell, Lauren Kistner and Marcus Pierce.
Where: Ann Morrison Park
When: Thursday, July 4
Schedule of Events
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Idaho Statesman Chalk Art Festival presented by Craft Warehouse
- 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Chalk Land for kids
- 1:00 - 7:00 p.m. Kids' activities provided by Boise Parks and Recreation's Mobile Recreation Program
- 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. - Dodge Ball
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Soccer
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. - Water Games
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Dodge Ball
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Parachute Games and Capture the Flag
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. - Dodge Ball and Soccer
- 3:00 - 10:15 p.m. Treasure Valley Ford Stores Entertainment Stage
- 10:15 p.m. Fireworks
General information about activities at Ann Morrison Park
- No fireworks or sparklers are allowed in the park.
- Please leave pets at home.
- Consider bringing the following items: water, sunscreen, bug spray, flashlight and a blanket or chair to sit on.
- No glass bottles are allowed in the park.
- Please use recycle receptacles in the park for cans, plastic bottles and plastic cups.
- Alcoholic beverages are illegal within 250 feet of the Boise River.
- Smoking is prohibited except in a designated area in the southwest corner of the park near the duck pond.
- The Disk Golf Course will be closed July 3 and 4 in Ann Morrison Park.
Fourth of July Parking
Ann Morrison Park will be closed July 4th to vehicle traffic with a few exceptions. Handicapped parking is provided in Ann Morrison Park in the following lots: North parking lot off Americana Boulevard park entrance; Ann Morrison Drive parking lot off Capitol Boulevard. Official disability license plate or placard required for access to these lots.
Free parking provided by Boise State University and Capital City Development Corporation.
Boise State University [ map ]
Parking will be available in the Brady Garage (accessible from Brady St.)
Downtown parking garages [ map ]
- Eastman: 848 W. Main St.
- Capitol Terrace: 770 W. Main St.
- City Centre: 312 S. 9th St.
- Grove Street: 234 S. 10th St.
- Boulevard: 245 S. Capitol Blvd.
- Myrtle Street: 789 W. Broad St.
- Vehicles picking up river floaters will be allowed short term (20 minutes) access to the Ann Morrison Park northeast parking lot off the Royal Blvd. entrance.
- The shuttle bus pick up for river floaters will have regular access to the park. Equipment rental at Barber Park will be open until 6 p.m. The last shuttle bus pick up will depart from Ann Morrison Park at 7:00 p.m.
More Fourth of July Events
We the People Liberty Day Parade
Theme: Keep the Wagon Wheels of Liberty Rolling: 150 Years of Idaho Pioneers
Where: Downtown Boise
When: 11 a.m. Thursday, July 4
Visit Libertydayparade.com for more information.
Gem State Kiwanis Annual Fourth of July Pancake Breakfast
Where: Julia Davis Park; next to the Gene Harris Bandshell
When: 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Thursday, July 4
Cost: $6 for adults, $5 for kids and seniors. Admission free for Active Duty Military and families. This will be the 50th year for the event.
There will be face painting for the kids and continuous music for all to enjoy. For tickets, contact John Shaw at 208-331-1456. For other information, contact Dennis McManamon at 208-921-0762.