Ah, nothing like the good ol' last-minute concert postponement, right?
Classic-rocker Gregg Allman's show tonight at the Morrison Center isn't happening after all. A press release was issued around 6 p.m. last night — meaning most people are finding out hours before the show.
Sorry, gang. It happens. No reason was provided. That's one of my pet peeves, so I'll bust out one of my tried-and-true industry favorites for you: "Due to unforeseen circumstances." There, doesn't that make you feel better?
Allman has a history of health problems. Let's hope he's doing OK.
Never miss a local story.
Below is the scoop straight from the Morrison Center. (And before you ask, no, I don't know what happened to important detail No. 4):
"The Gregg Allman concert, presented by Square Peg Concerts and Sherpa Concerts, originally scheduled for Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. has been POSTPONED. Rescheduled date to be determined. Here are some important details:
1. Tickets for the original date will be honored for the rescheduled date. Tickets will NOT need to be exchanged.
2. The ticket prices will remain the same.
3. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled show once the date is determined, please return your tickets to the Morrison Center Box Office for a full refund.
5. If you purchased with cash and cannot attend the rescheduled show, you will be issued a check from the University. Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing. If you purchased with credit, your refund will be credited to the card used.
6. Refunds will only be issued for tickets bearing the original show date. No refunds for tickets purchased for the rescheduled date.
We apologize for any inconvenience the rescheduling of Gregg Allman may have caused.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Morrison Center box office with any questions or concerns (208) 426-1110.
The Morrison Center"