▪ Bank of America and Merrill Lynch cardholders can get free admission to the Boise Art Museum over the Labor Day Weekend on Saturday, Sept. 3, and Sunday, Sept. 4, through B of A’s “Museums on Us” program.
If you’re traveling, check Museums.BankOfAmerica.com to find museums and other venues, such as the Portland Japanese Garden and Children’s Museum.
Just show your B of A or Merrill Lynch card and your photo ID, and you’re in.
▪ This is the last weekend for military families to get free admission to the Boise Art Museum through Blue Star Museums. The program is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families and the Department of Defense.
Never miss a local story.
Active duty military personnel — including National Guard and Reserves — and their families receive free admission to more than 2,000 museums nationally from Memorial Day through Labor Day 2016. So, if you haven’t taken advantage of the program yet, this is your last weekend this year.
This program also gets you into the Old Penitentiary, 2445 Old Penitentiary Road, Boise, the Herrett Center for Arts and Science in Twin Falls, the Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument, the Idaho Museum on Natural History in Pocatello and others across the state.
Find the complete list of participating museums at Arts.gov/bluestarmuseums.
What’s on display at the Boise Art Museum
▪ “Earth & Sky”: Portland-based multidisciplinary artist Laura Heit’s installation of film, animation and photography currently features her film “The Deep Dark,” and an animation installation “Two Ways Down,” and a series of related cyanotype photographic blueprints.
▪ “Burchfield’s Botanicals”: An exhibit of American painter and visionary artist Charles Burchfield’s watercolors of nature scenes and townscapes.
▪ Modern and Contemporary Ceramics, the collection of Kay Hardy and Gregory Kaslo.
▪ Boise painter Karen Woods’ “The Way to Wilder” features her paintings of landscape seen through rain-soaked windshields.
Boise Art Museum
670 S. Julia Davis Drive. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. $6 general, $4 seniors, $3 students. Free for 5 and younger, members, (active duty military and their families through Labor Day and Bank of America cardholders on Sept. 3 and 4). 345-8330, BoiseArtMuseum.org. Closed Labor Day.
2445 Old Penitentiary Road. Summer Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. Closed Labor Day.