It’s the 30th year for the Downtown Boise Association’s Twilight Criterium — one of the coolest annual Treasure Valley events. It’s awe-inspiring to watch these athletes whiz around street corners on their bikes at mind-blowing speeds.
▪ This year’s new course goes from the Idaho Statehouse down Jefferson Street to 6th Street, back up Bannock Street to 9th, then back to Jefferson.
▪ Road closures start at 7 a.m. Full closures happen at noon. The Capital City Public Market will close at noon.
▪ Kick things off with the Kids’ Ride with Kristin Armstrong at noon. Kids can ride with the two-time Olympic gold medalist and wish her well on her bid to make history in Rio de Janeiro.
Never miss a local story.
▪ The expo, vendor booths and local craft-beer fair open and races start at 2 p.m.
▪ Check out Boise’s famous and infamous as they hit the course for the second Boise GreenBike Celebrity Race at 6:30 p.m.
▪ Women pros take off at 7 p.m.; the men launch at 8:15 p.m. Awards will be presented at 10 p.m.
Saturday, July 16, Downtown Boise. Find a full schedule at BoiseTwilightCriterium.com.