Don’t miss your chance to see “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum,” this year’s musical theater production for Boise Music Week. The play will be presented at the Morrison Center from May 11 to 14.
Boise Music Week — May 6 to May 14 — brings our community together through song, dance and music. People turn out in droves for the free events, attracted by performances that range from a locally produced Broadway-style musical to church organ recitals to dance from around the world. For the performers — from students to professionals — it’s about the chance to work together, learn and connect with an audience.
All the events are free, but some require a ticket because seating is limited. The 98-year-old community nonprofit transitioned from mail-in ticket forms to online ticket sales last year. You can get your free tickets at the Idaho Statesman’s Boise.dealsaver.com.
Here’s how it works: Click on “Get tickets” below, and the link will take you to the Boise.Dealsaver.com page for Boise Music Week tickets. (Note that for the showcase, All That’s Jazz and International Dance Night, click on the “See options” button and select your events.)
Boise Music Week schedule
Friday, May 6 to Sunday, May 14. An event doesn’t require a ticket unless noted. Open seating 10 minutes before curtain. Find more information at BoiseMusicWeek.org.
▪ Friday, May 6: International Dance Night, 7 p.m., Timberline High School, 701 E. Boise Ave. features Ballet Folklorico Mexico Lindo, Boise Highlanders Dancers, Danza Azteca Tonatiuh, Gem Cloggers and Idaho Dance Theatre. Get tickets.
▪ Saturday, May 7: Music in the Park, 11:30 a.m., Gene Harris Bandshell, Julia Davis Park, 700 S. Capitol Blvd.
▪ Saturday, May 7: All That’s Jazz, 6:45 p.m. May 2, Morrison Center, 2201 W. Cesar Chavez Lane. Featuring Boise State Vocal Jazz Ensemble, 25th Idaho National Army Jazz Band and West Side Redux. Get tickets.
▪ Sunday, May 8: Church Night, 7:30 p.m., Cathedral of the Rockies, 717 N. 11th St.
▪ Monday, May 9, to Thursday, May 12: Organ recitals, 12:15 p.m., St. Michael's Episcopal Cathedral, 518 N. 8th St.
▪ Monday, May 9: Showcase, 7 p.m., Timberline High School, 701 E. Boise Ave. Get tickets.
▪ Tuesday, May 10: School Night, 7 p.m., Taco Bell Arena, 1401 Bronco Circle.
▪ Wednesday, May 11, to Sunday, May 14: “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum,” Burt Shevelove, Larry Gelbart and Stephen Sondheim’s hilarious, bawdy musical, 7:30 p.m. May 11-14, 2 p.m. May 14, Morrison Center, 2201 W. Cesar Chavez Lane. Get tickets.
▪ May 13: Organ recital and silent film, noon, Egyptian Theatre, 700 W. Main St.