We're not ones to lob the procrastinator label around, but that's our guess. You were busy with holiday week and usual summer activities and forgot about the deadline.
Heck, we're guilty of procrastinating, too, on occasion. We want lots of entries in the Outdoors/Idaho Camera photo contest, so we've extended the deadline a week to July 18. The publication date of the winning photos will be July 31.
Photo contest participants should beware of a couple rule changes this year. The limit is three entries, and the maximum size is 12 by 18 inches.
Sorry, no digital photo entries. You must print them to enter.
The contest is open to all amateur photographers, which is anyone who does not derive their main source of income from selling photography. Youth are in two divisions: under age 14, and ages 14 through 18.
The theme of the contest is Idaho Outdoors, and all entries must be taken in Idaho. That can include scenic, action or wildlife photographs.
Photo information required: On the back of each photo, or attached to it on a separate piece of paper taped or glued (no paper clips), include the following:
1. Name of the photographer.
2. A daytime telephone number.
3. Email address.
4. Where the photo was taken and a short description of it.
5. Age of photographer if entering youth categories. Mark "Youth" on the back of the photo.
Entries without complete information may be disqualified.
Photos can be dropped off or mailed to any Idaho Camera location:
• 1310 N. Orchard, Boise, 83706.
• 1036 Vista, Boise, 83705.
• Boise Towne Square: 350 N. Milwaukee, Boise, 83704.
Full rules can be found at idahostatesman.com/outdoors.
This is what you could win, aside from getting your photos featured in Idaho Outdoors:
• Grand prize is a Pentax K500 digital camera with 18-55mm lens.
• First prize is a Trek Tek Pod Pro tripod/monopod/walking stick.
• Second prize is a Lowe Pro Transit Sling 150AW camera backpack.
• Third prize is a Joby Gorilla Pod Hybrid.
• Youth prize is a Promaster Digital Enthusiast sling backpack.
• Junior youth prize is a $50 gift certificate to Idaho Camera.