Candles reportedly started blaze that gutted Boise mobile home

July 9, 2014 

Boise firefighters mop up a fire that gutted a Dorothy Avenue mobile home late Wednesday afternoon. Photo by Kyle Green.

Flames engulfed a Southeast Boise mobile home Wednesday afternoon, and investigators say candles were the likely source of ignition.

The fire was reported about 4:15 p.m. in the 1900 block of South Dorothy Avenue. Boise firefighters responded in force to the two-alarm blaze, which gutted the home but did not spread to any other structures.

No one was injured, but two residents, distraught that their medications were destroyed, were transported to a local hospital, Boise Fire Chief Dennis Doan said.

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service