In response to a June 24 letter naming President Obama the "most dishonest president in history:"
• Barack Obama: "If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan."
• George W. Bush: "The Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."
-Bill Clinton: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
• George H.W. Bush: "Read my lips, no new taxes."
• Ronald Reagan: "We did not - repeat - we did not trade weapons or anything else for hostages, nor will we."
• Richard Nixon: "Your president is not a crook."
• Lyndon B. Johnson: "The initial attack on the destroyer Maddox, on Aug. 2, was repeated today by a number of hostile vessels attacking two U.S. destroyers with torpedoes."
• John F. Kennedy: "I have previously stated, and I repeat now, that the United States intends no military intervention in Cuba."
The point is clear; presidents lie. It's ignorant to attribute this to any one political party.
carson mckay, Boise