Hot ashes dumped in a plastic trash bin are being blamed for a Saturday morning fire that damaged two homes.
Firefighters from the Boise Fire Department arrived at a home in the 9100 block of West Zuni Court four minutes after dispatchers received a call at 11:50 a.m. reporting the fire. By then, the fire had already spread to a neighboring home. The fire spread through the attics of both homes, causing "fairly extensive damage" to both structures, said Lynn Hightower, spokeswoman for the Boise Fire Department.
No one was home at either house.
A representative of the Boise Fire Union Burn Out Fund responded to the scene to assist the displaced families with their immediate needs.