Please vote yes to continue the Kuna School District levy on May 20 and to continue to invest in the education of Kuna's children. It is important to keep class sizes reasonable and maximize student learning days. I believe Kuna provides a good return on the educational investment. Students score above the state average in many areas, with funding below the state average.
It is my experience that the KSD School Board and district administration are open and accountable to patrons, parents and employees. I urge you to attend Kuna School Board meetings to find out more about the great work that is happening. The next meeting is May 13.
At the meeting on April 8, I learned more about:
• Pilot program to provide every-other-day kindergarten in 2014-2015.
• Career planning and training for high school students.
• Refinancing of a bond to save patrons an estimated $350,000.
• Careful stewardship of the fund balance for capital projects.
• Budget Reduction Committee progress.
Please attend the school board meetings to witness prudent and careful spending decisions. On May 20, please vote yes for a continuation of the KSD levy. Thank you!
Brenda Drake Blitman, Meridian