A Star woman didn't suffer any injuries Sunday when her home filled with light smoke due to an electrical short underneath her house, a Fire Captain Chris Head said.
Firefighters were called to a house in the 11000 block of West First Street at 11:46 a.m. It was reported as a structure fire with a possible victim. The woman had an oxygen tank.
An electrical short in the electrical cord of a space heater in the crawl space under the house ignited a small tarp, causing the house to fill with smoke. But there was no damage to the house.
Firefighters got the woman outside, and she was checked out by paramedics. She was treated and released. Power to the house was cut off while firefighters investigated, but it has since been restored, Head said.
Head said firefighters were able to clear the scene within an hour.