The Idaho Department of Labor has scheduled five orientations to help workers find new jobs after being laid off when the J.R. Simplot plant in Caldwell closed.
The following sessions will be at the department's Canyon County office, 4514 Thomas Jefferson St. in Caldwell:
- Monday, Feb. 10, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 14, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 20, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. To receive benefits under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Act, laid off Simplot workers should register as soon as possible. The benefits include training and schooling, on-the-job training and in some cases supplemental income.