Arsonist turns portable potty into pile of melted plastic

January 29, 2014 

This pile of melted plastic was a portable outhouse at Indian Lakes Golf Course before someone set fire to it.

PROVIDED BY ADA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE

Ada County sheriff’s deputies are looking for whoever lit a plastic portable outhouse on fire near the fifth hole of the Indian Lakes Golf Course over the weekend.

The portable outhouse was destroyed, reduced to a mound of smoldering, melted plastic.

The fire was reported just after 5:30 p.m. Sunday by a neighbor who saw flames coming from the middle of the golf course, located in the Cole/Amity neighborhood south of Boise. Fire crews arrived and put out the fire.

The outhouse was valued at $800.

Anyone with information is asked to call Ada County dispatch at 377-6790.

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service