Firefighters contain fire to one room of Boise house early Thursday

newsroom@idahostatesman.comJanuary 2, 2014 

Fire destroyed a bedroom in a Boise house early Thursday morning, but firefighters were able to contain the fire to that room, according to Boise Fire Battalion Chief David Cooper.

Firefighters were called to a two-story house in the 2200 block of Shoshone Street at 12:30 a.m. Thursday. A resident returning home smelled smoke upon entering the residence and alerted at least one person sleeping inside.

The fire was in a first-floor bedroom, and the door to the room was closed. Firefighters had the blaze under control within 15 minutes. The fire damage was limited to that room, but the smoke did travel throughout the house.

The residents of the house have been temporarily displaced; they quickly found other accommodations, so they did not require assistance from the burnout fund or American Red Cross.

Cooper said there was no obvious or suspected cause for the fire. It remains under investigation.

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service