Burning embers possible cause of North End garage fire

newsroom@idahostatesman.comJanuary 2, 2014 

A Boise firefighter suffered a back injury after slipping on ice while at the scene of a garage fire in the North End on Wednesday morning, according to Boise Fire Battalion Chief David Cooper. He was transported to a local hospital and has since been released.

The fire occurred in a detached garage in the 2300 block of Bella Street. No one was home at the time of the fire; it was reported at 10:48 a.m. by a neighbor.

The fire consumed the garage and its contents — no vehicles, but there were bicycles and other items — but firefighters kept the fire from spreading to nearby structures.

Cooper said the cause of the fire is believed to be ashes containing burning embers in a can left next to the garage. The can was on the outside of the garage, he said.

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service