Boise hunter injured when propane tank explodes

Idaho StatesmanDecember 21, 2013 

Brian Stroschein suffered serious burns when a propane tank in his utility trailer blew up Friday morning near Grangeville, said Boise resident Shari Stiles, who works with Stroschein's wife, Kathy.

Stroschein was listed Saturday morning in critical condition at the University of Utah Burn Center in Salt Lake City, a hospital spokesman said.

A spokeswoman with the Idaho County Sheriff's Office in Grangeville said the incident, which occurred before 7 a.m. Friday, was handled as a medical call and the sheriff's office did not have any details.

Kathy Stroschein told Stiles that her husband had burns on more than 75 percent of his body and third-degree burns on his hands and face.

Stroschein works as an engineering manager at Hewlett-Packard's Boise operation.

"I do know him, not real well, but I have worked with his wife and have known their kids and grandkids for the last 11 years. He is a really nice guy," Stiles said.

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service