The college received a gift of nearly $2 million from a group of donors the school calls "generous friends."
It was the largest gift ever received by the nondenominational college, which has been training ministers for Northwest churches since 1945.
The school needed $900,000 by next spring to pay off its current debt. Plus, it has been seeking $2.5 million to pay for a second dormitory and a student center. Now, it will only need an additional $1.4 million to pay for those buildings.
"The money will pay off all current debt and establish a fund to begin the last phase in expanding current facilities," the college said in a written release.
In 2007, the college completed the first two phases of an aggressive facility expansion. Five classrooms, a chapel and a new, 64-bed women's dormitory, along with an expanded cafeteria and a new maintenance building, were finished. Construction had begun two years earlier.
For many years, the college's gymnasium had doubled as a chapel.
The college was originally located at 18th and Eastman Streets in north Boise. The college moved in 1974 to a 16-acre campus at 8695 W. Marigold St., west of the Ada County Fairgrounds.
The college was originally established as a ministry of the First Church of Christ. It became an independent college when it made its 1974 move and is supported mostly by independent Christian churches and Churches of Christ.
The college offers bachelor's degrees in arts and sciences, associate science degrees and one-year Bible certificates. The school is accredited by the Associaiton for Biblical Higher Education.