Fire displaces Boise family

October 22, 2013 

A Boise family was displaced Tuesday evening by a fire that was believed to have started in the kitchen of their home.

Neighbors reported the fire shortly after 6 p.m. after seeing smoke and flames in the kitchen of the single-family residence, Boise officials said. The home is in the 600 block of South Gamay Lane, near the intersection of West Cassia Street and South Curtis Road.

Firefighters said they arrived to find smoke coming from the eaves and flames in the kitchen. Four engines, a ladder truck and the 6th District battalion chief acted quickly to extinguish the fire.

A woman was the only person home at the time, officials said, and she wasn't injured. Several dogs were located and were safe.

The home sustained fire damage in the kitchen and heavy smoke damage.

A representative from the Boise Fire Union Burnout Fund was called to help the family with immediate needs.


View House fire displaces Boise family in a larger map

 

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service